Friday, May 15, 2009

Almost finished.

Ok,

Well besides everything going wrong that could the past couple of days, I now look forward to the arrival of Evan, Curtis, and Craig.

They were held up in Newark, NJ because of weather and missed the connection to Amsterdam. I am presuming they have made their connection now which is about to land in Amsterdam. They are a day late and we had to postpone our climb +1 day. Which is ok. The guys got to see New York City by hopping on a shuttle/train. I packed and organized all my meds and clothes for the climb and even managed to have a nice quiet evening now that the street dogs are out of heat.

So today, I have received word that one of our Maasai friends, Mbutway is very sick and bed ridden at his home near Lake Manyara. The problems are unclear at this time and I am awaiting his brother to stop by to see me this morning so we can chat about how to get this taken care of. The ideal situation is to get him on a vehicle that will transport him to ALMC where we will evaluate him. I know that is difficult because he has terrible lower back pain and the type of vehicle they use to do that (mini-bus) is enough alone to make one cringe.

The bouncing bus and the terrible road with massive lower back pain?? Yikes! I'm going to try to get him pethedine at the local duka la dawa for the trip. Hopefully they can shoot him up with it and send him on his way. One more thing to worry about while I can I guess.

So it goes...oh and I presented for the physicians and Mark at ALMC on Thursday for continued medical education on chronic disease management for the elderly. It went well and a few where totally accepting of the ideal type situations I put forward. That is officially my last project for the time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment